Big update! Apart from lots of fixes, changes and performance improvements, we see two major new features: Next Race Alerts & Marking of drivers.
See this short video about the Next Race Alert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nE9LyZ0I8M
- [ADDED] Mark drivers to a local database, in case you want to be reminded about them in future sessions. Mark a driver by calling either “Mark driver ahead”, “Mark driver ahead on track” or the equivalents commands for when behind. If you want to undo this recent marking or simply unmark a driver, which DRE just told you about, simply call “Unmark driver”. The database is stored in your Documents/The Digital Race Engineer/MarkedDriver.json, so you may manually edit the list this way as well. DRE will warn you once when entering a session and again once you are close to the driver on track.
- [ADDED] Alert Next Race. In Official Practice sessions, this returns time in minutes until the next race and how many are registered for the race. Set your credentials (iRacingEmail & iRacingPassword) in DRE.ini to enable this alert, or leave the field empty to disable it. Credentials are stored locally only and used for accessing the restricted-by-login time of the next race and how many registered for it. If you don’t trust this, don’t add your credentials 🙂
- [ADDED] Oil Temperature warning added, which by default is set to a threshold of 155C/311F. As always you can disable the alert in DRE.ini: Set warningOilTemp to 0 (will be shown in ini file after first launch of the new version)
- [ADDED] PRO command: “Auto fuel” – Force DRE to calculate and set the fuel for the next pitstop. DRE will announce the amount calculated. This command is similar to when DRE automatically engages the auto fuel, but with this command you can force it to calculate whenever you like.
- [ADDED] Extra check on “Set fuel to xx” command, where DRE now tells you if it couldn’t parse the amount.
- [ADDED] DRE attempts to capture the actual start time of a race in order to have a more precise time calculation, and thereby a better fuel calculation. Now DRE tried to use this, if you were connected at the start of the race. If not, it will default back to using the SessionTimeRemain parameter, which is a bit less accurate. This addition means that time left and fuel fills should be more precise. Again, make sure you have enough fuel to the end and don’t solely rely on the fuel calculations done by DRE!
- [ADDED] Commands now available for F1, LMP1 and IR-18 cars with the following controls (will show after first restart of the new profile version): keyABSSet, keyHYSBoostHold, keyHYSNOBoostToggle, keyInLapModeToggle,
keyFCYModeToggle, keyMGUReGenInc, keyMGUReGenDec, keyMGUReGenSet, keyMGUDeployModeToggle, keyMGUFixedDeployInc, keyMGUFixedDeployDec, keyMGUFixedDeploySet,
keyMGUOptDeployHighInc, keyMGUOptDeployHighDec, keyMGUOptDeployHighSet, keyMGUOptimizedSpeedInc, keyMGUOptimizedSpeedDec, keyMGUOptimizedSpeedSet
- [CHANGED] After the first time you run DRE 2.6 in Voice Attack (by executing InitializeTheDRE), autoFuelSafetyAmount in DRE.ini will from then be a percentage instead of a fuel amount. The reason for this, is that running on a short track versus a very long track means you need different amounts of safety margin in terms of fuel. Fx. a short track might only need 1L/lap, whereas Nordschleife might need 13L. Therefore by applying a % (the default is now 110%) as the fuelSafetyAmount, it will now take into account the average fuel usage per lap.
- [CHANGED] Track Temp reportings now use TrackTemp, instead of TrackTempCrew, as that is only updated once when joining the server
- [CHANGED] Wing Up an Wing Down commands now require “Set Wing Up”, to avoid false positives, where this command could trigger too easily from background noise
- [CHANGED] In DRE.ini, “fasterTimeThreshold” is no longer used. Instead track length is factored in to calculate how much faster another car must be in order to warn you, when the car is approaching. At track length of 500m the delta is about .5 sec, while at 10000m the delta is about 5 seconds. This should make the alert a bit more useful on oval courses as well as at long and short tracks.
- [FIXED] an issue with weather alerts that weren’t triggered. They will now trigger, when dynamic weather changes sufficiently over time
- [FIXED] Upon quitting Voice Attack, DRE no longer cleans up after itself, in order to process the quitting faster.
This might resolve issues where the process hangs and needs to be closed in Task Manager.
- [FIXED] Auto fueling won’t any longer be possible to trigger whilst in pits. The issue was that swapping drivers could lead to new triggering of auto fueling.
- [FIXED] During cautions we won’t hear from DRE anymore if other cars have lost considerable time on the last lap (which they probably have due to the caution), nor if they are pitting.
- [FIXED] Restricted which laps are regarded as proper laps when calculating delta times to other cars over the previous 5 laps. Now these lap times must be roughly within +/- 4 seconds between your and the opponents time on that lap in order to be factored in. The 4 seconds is approximate as it factors in the length of the track as well.
- [FIXED] Made calculations at pit exits adaptive to track length. This is important on eg. shorter ovals, where the pit exit length is quite short.
- [FIXED] “No Fuel” didn’t work. It should work now, so giving this command will only disable fueling in the next pitstop as intended
- [FIXED] Water temperature warnings can now trigger while in pits. They are also prevented from repeating unless the temperature goes below the limit and then above again.
- [ADDED] More love for DRE